Yikes… that was intense, right? What better way to heal your body and your mind than with a nourishing and relaxing herbal bath. Our postpartum bath soak is handcrafted using the best healing and relaxing herbs. All of these natural ingredients were thoroughly researched and picked for their maximum benefits. Combined together, they will help to heal the precious skin of your labia, vaginal opening, perineum, and anus after birth. This soak is also perfect for healing a c-section incision as well as nourishing and preventing infection in baby’s umbilical stump. Please refer to your healthcare provider's discharge instructions for a timeline when it is safe and healthy to take a bath following delivery.
Ingredients + Herbal Uses
- Calendula flower (Calendula officinalis): Antifungal, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory.
- Lavender buds (Lavandula angustifolia): Soothes dry skin and is a natural antifungal. Reduces redness, inflammation, and irritation. Heals minor wounds like burns, cut, scrapes and speeds up the wound-healing process.
- Plantain leaf (Plantago major): A natural anti-inflammatory, anti-irritant, and antibacterial. Has a cooling effect and reduces itchiness during the healing process. Allows the skin to heal faster by boosting the production of new skin cells. Reduces the chance for scarring and aids in the regeneration process.
- Rosebuds (Rosa centifolia): Reduces redness and calms the skin as it is a natural anti-inflammatory. Naturally antibacterial, antifungal, and antioxidant. Rose is naturally fragrant and calming.
- Shepherd’s purse (Capsella bursa-pastoris): Helps to reduce uterine cramping, heavy bleeding and restore hormonal balance postpartum. Improves blood circulation to tissues for faster wound healing. Helps to reduce the swelling and pain of hemorrhoids.
- Yarrow Flower (Achillea millefolium): Combats illness and prevents postpartum fever. Helps relieve uterine cramping and hormone imbalance.
- Epsom Salt (magnesium sulfate): Soothes stretched, dry, and healing skin. Treats minor muscle aches and pains. Reduces swelling and encourages healing to the delicate tissues of the labia and perineum. Encourages circulation and speeds up healing.
- Himalayan Sea Salt: Soothes stretched, dry, and healing skin. Rich in many nutrients and rejuvenates skin.
Instructions for Use
Give the jar a quick flip and gentle shake before opening. This will help to blend the salts and herbs together for a better balance of herbs per bath.
For a sitz bath: scoop 4 tablespoons of herbs (use provided scoop) into 1 quart of boiling water. Reduce heat to a simmer and steep for 15 to 20 minutes stirring occasionally - keep covered when not stirring. Strain herbs completely from the liquid. Herbs can be composted or disposed of. Pour the infused herbal liquid in a sitz bath pan (if you have). Or, you can pour into a shallow, warm bath, just enough water to cover the affected area. Soak for up to half an hour.
For a full bath: scoop 4 tablespoons of herbs (use provided scoop) into muslin bag or reusable tea bag and drop into a full bath. Let bag saturate and squeeze out infused liquid every few minutes during your bath. For the convenience of our customers, we now have a version where you can buy pre-portioned biodegradable "tea" bags that you can just drop into your bath.
One jar makes 4 baths. Packaged in a glass jar with a wooden scoop or pre-portioned tea bags. Please repurpose once empty.